My Cosmetic Storage/Organization!

Hello Beautiful People,

As a true born and bread neat freak I've always been all about organizing and labeling everything and anything. I'm a visual learner and if things aren't visually there they will go unnoticed (for the most part). But this is especially true with my makeup collection.

I used to keep my makeup in a makeup case and it worked out for the most part until I started to expand my collection. Everything became cluttered. Some products would be buried on top of other products and I would never pay attention to them. I needed to switch things up. I needed efficiency and "easy access".

My current makeup organization is what's working out for me in this very moment. I'm sure once I expand my collection even further I will have to figure out different ways of organizing things. But so far I've been really loving how easy it is to find makeup products when doing my makeup or others. Hopefully you'll find some general tips on how to organize and store your makeup! (I'll also share website links on where to buy the exact storage containers that I've purchased at the end)  Let's begin..

Storage and Organization: 
Plastic Drawers

Sterilite: Clear View Mini 3-Drawer Organizer with White Frame and See-Through Drawers
I purchased the ones on the right at the 99cent store for $3.99 and the ones on the left at Target for $4.99. They are actually 4 individual drawers put I stacked them up. 

They way I've organize my makeup is that the drawers on the RIGHT are mostly face products. 
They go in order from top to bottom: (highlighters, primers, blushes, bronzers, powders, and creams) 
The drawers on the LEFT are mostly eyes and lip products.
They go in order from top to bottom: (concealers, eyebrows, eyeliners, mascaras, lips, lips continued)
I open a drawer and all the products of that kind will be there and no where else. This ensures me that I see all the products at once and gives me really easy access. For lips I've separated them into 2 drawers. I have the first one mostly with lip balms, chapsticks, and lip scrubs. The second drawer mostly has lip glosses and lip stains (one drawer wasn't enough). 



Foundations Storage: 

Sterilite Small Flip Top Storage Box $2.00

I used to keep my liquid foundations in one of the drawers but it soon became to small of a space to fit all of them. It's very important for me to have my liquid foundations seen or else they will be ignored. I decided to keep them in their own container and away from everyone else. I also store my BB and CC creams in here too. 

Lipsticks/Lipies Storage:

Cosmetic Organizer with Lipstick Holder $15.00

 I really love how these type of lipstick holders provide a compartment for each individual lipstick. I actually need to purchase a larger lipstick holder because this one is too small for all the lipsticks I have accumulated from when I bought it till now. I have most of my lipsticks on the display but some of them are in the drawers because I don't have enough slots to put them in. As you can see I also have my some of the lip glosses I use a lot in this display, my kabuki brushes, and my beauty blender. 

Brushes Storage: 
Metal Pail from Target $1.00 each


I purchased 3 of these cute metal pails at the dollar section from Target. I filled them almost half way up with rice and separated my brushed in accordance to brush size. 
Right to left: Jumbo brushes, small brushes, medium brushes

Eyeshadow Palettes Storage
Pink Metal Rectangular Box?? (sorry I bought this like 10 years ago) Price unknown
Well you get the picture right? Storing your eyedshadow palettes can be quiet difficult. I tried many things but I finally found the most convenient method for me. It's really easy to find a rectangular storage compartment. My palettes are very easy to get a hold of and they're all visible. I really love that. 

Other Storage Items:

InterDesign Drawers, Clear $14.00


This clear drawer box has came in handy so many times it's not even funny. I used to store my lipsticks in here until I bought a the lipstick holder. It at one point,  it stored ALL my makeup. I love how that it's clear and I wish all my drawers would be clear (and not plastic) but I am on a budget. I really think my perfumes look stunning on top of the drawer box. They're all there and very easily accessible. In the top drawer I hold all my samples. Samples I've accumulated from Sephora or through the mail. I love that they're in the clear drawer because I can see them perfectly and actually use them up. The second drawer holds my blotting sheets, my razors, tweezers, and makeup removers. My last drawer holds all my miniature hair products. 

Vanity Mirror:

I'm in love with my new vanity mirror, my boyfriend bought it for me the other day. It's two sided and one of the sides has a 5x zoom so it's great when plucking your eyebrows, doing eyeliner or lipliner. I highly recommend purchasing one. He bought mine at ROSS for $13.00

GET THE LOOK:
If you want to purchase any of the items I've talked about from above I have provided the website links:

Drawers:
Sterilite: Clear View Mini 3-Drawer Organizer with White Frame and See-Through Drawers 6 PACK
or
Sterilite: Clear View Mini 3-Drawer Organizer with White Frame and See-Through Drawers INDIVIDUAL

Foundations Storage:
Sterilite Small Flip Top Storage Box (I got mine at my bargain store but I found the same one on the Home Depot website)

Lipstick Storage:
Cosmetic Organizer with Lipstick Holder (I got mine at T.J.Maxx but I found the same one on Amazon)

Other Storage:
InterDesign Drawers, Clear

Vanity Mirrors:
Jerdon Vanity Mirror
Decobros Vanity Mirror



Stay Connected With Me! 
 photo pinterest.png  photo facebook.png  photo gplus.png  photo instagram.png


Yours truly,


 photo a2015388-6dd5-4589-8365-8d2eb8ff90b0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment