HOW TO: Contouring + favorite products to contour with


Hello Beautiful People,

I mostly wanted to get this article up so I can share with you some of my all time favorite contouring cosmetics. But I figured why not give you guys tips and a quick guide on how to contour -- for those who haven't mastered it yet.

The concept of contouring is amazing but can be be hard if you're new at it.
I want to go over some fundamental tips everyone should keep in mind before they even start contouring.
TIPS:
  1. First and foremost, we should all understand the goal of contouring -- the appearance of slimming the face, nose and enhancing the cheekbones. Therefore contouring will darken.
  2. The second most important thing to contouring is -- knowing YOUR face shape! Most videos on Youtube leave this crucial step out.
    • I'll display some face charts to help you guys in this step
  3. The third most important thing to countering is -- using the RIGHT tool. If you have everything down but don't have the right tool, this can mess the entire look
    • My favorite brush for contouring is from coastal scents -- (angle brush) 
    • Other great contour brushes are:
          • NARS Ita Brush
          • MAC 163 Flat Contour Brush
          • Sephora Pro Contour Brush #74
    • Remember it's all about trial and error, use what works for you. 
    • You don't want a brush that is to airy but you don't want a brush that's compact either.
  4. Use primer before applying anything on your face, I really can't stress that enough
  5. Use foundation and concealer to cover blemishes as normal, prior to contouring. 
  6. What's your preference? Are you a powder or creme person? Whatever you are, both works. 
    • Just stay away from anything shimmery.
    • For contouring, you want to stick to something MATTE.
  7. Purchasing the right bronzer shade is super important! There are seriously so many bronzers out there and most are orange, so be very careful. (Orange under-toned bronzers are not the best for contouring) You want to purchase a bronzer that has a grayish undertone to it and of course it has to be matte. 
    • Instead of using a bronzer you can try a foundation powder that is 2 shades darker than your skin tone. You can take this approach if you already have a favorite product. 
  8. And I'll leave off with something very crucial.... Blend, Blend, BLEEEEEND! 
I could definitely continue and give you written instructions on how to contour properly but I'll just add some of my all time favorite videos from Youtube that helped me learn how to contour.
Practice LADIES!

I hope these videos were super helpful.
Everyone has there preference on products they use for contouring I will share with you my ALL-TIME favorite contouring products: 

* Most of these products are a duo and I
prefer to buy it this way because I'm technically buying
two things in one. 

1. TANTalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo by LORAC
(Travel Size) $12 (Click To View)
2. Disregard this product, I have no idea why I put it on here 
3. Blush/Bronzer Duo (In the shade: Orgasm & Laguna)
 by NARS $42 (Click To View)
4. Endless Summer Bronzer by Too Faced $30 (Click To View)
5. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder by N.Y.C.
(In the shade Sunny) $2.79 (Click To View)
6. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder by E.L.F.
(In the shade St. Lucia) $3 (Click To View)


Yours truly,

 photo a2015388-6dd5-4589-8365-8d2eb8ff90b0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment