Summer Outfit & Summer Makeup Look!




Hello beautiful babes,
I finally made post on the "fashion" side of my blog, my Summer Outfit/Summer Makeup Look. Knowing me I always have to incorporate some type of makeup aspect to my posts. I've been meaning to to do a fashion post but didn't know how to come about it. Every girl has a different type of style and preferences in clothing. I don't even know what to call my style. I'm all over the place to be honest. I love comfort but I also like dressing up. This look is definitely more on the dress up side but still super comfortable, it's an outfit I'd wear to go to the Pier, the beach, the park or a theme park. This look is very versatile as well as the makeup look so I hope you girls enjoy and get something out of it no matter what type of style you are!

The Summer Outfit 

The Crop Top: I purchased this floral crop top at Macy's a couple weeks ago. The original price says $34 but I'm pretty sure I got some type of discount. Summer is the only time of the year I like to experiment with colors. I'm a "black" outfit type of girl so when summer comes around I know I have to add some life back into my closet. Floral prints have been very trendy over the past years. Make sure you have a couple floral prints in your closet this season. 
The High Waisted Shorts: I admit it, I'm a high waited shorts/jeans addict. Lately this is the only type of style I've been wearing. I make sure to wear high waisted anything whenever I wear crop tops. I don't like to show too much skin. I got these at T.J. Maxx for $16.99 
The Sun Hat: These big Sun hats for women have definitely become a trend during the summer of 2014. I've been seeing them a lot more often. They're perfect for music festivals or just when you need to protect your face from the sun's UV rays. I got mine at Target for around $10.

The Sandals: It's always essential to stock up on many different kinds and styles of sandals. I wear sandals throughout the whole year (I'm not kidding). I can walk miles in them, I blame my flat foot. These sandals are nude with an accent of gold. Make sure to buy some nudes ones if those are the only ones you buy (they go with everything). 

The Earrings: I paired these gold Egyptian looking hoop earrings with the outfit. Since the sandals have gold accents I wanted the earrings to be gold as well. 
The Bracelet: I didn't want anything heavy for my bracelet. Since my earrings are bold, I wanted to keep the rest simple. It's just a thin rusted gold bracelet. 
The Rings: This is just pure preference for me. I like silver rings over gold. I chose two knuckle rings: (left) one with a bow and (right) one with a black heart. 

The Summer Makeup 

Overall Makeup tips for Summer: Try not to use foundation, those tend to melt off because of the hot sun. Try to go easy on makeup over all, you're going to be sweating, going inside of the water, and whatnot. 

On Top and Under your face. 
Primer: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS apply a primer.  No matter what season it is. That's the first thing you should apply when you start doing your makeup. Makeup in general will last longer if you apply a primer. You need makeup to last longer because the heat will work against that notion. The one I use during my daily summer days are (RIGHT) Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser that retails for $7. 
Evian Mineral Water Spray: (LEFT) I talked about this product in my ALL ABOUT SKIN BLOG POST. It's a water spray that you apply after you put on makeup that restores moisture into your skin. Apply this throughout the day. This product is essential for me during the summer. Retails for $12

"Coverage"
B.B. Cream: (RIGHT) This is Boscia's B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++. I lean towards B.B and C.C. Creams during the summer season. It's light weight on my face and gives me the coverage I would get with a foundation. This also protects me from the sun's powerful and harmful rays. Retails for $38 in Sephora. 
Luminizer: (LEFT) This is the Buxom Divine Goddess Luminzer in Venus that retails for $28 in Sephora. I love to wear luminizer's in the summer because it gives my complexion an incandescent glow and sheer lightweight creaminess. You achieve that glow and sun kissed appearance for the summer. Apply it alone, under, or over your foundation. 

 Eyeliner: Make sure to purchase a waterproof eyeliner if you're going to use one. You can totally skip this makeup step in the summer. But knowing me I always have to rock a dramatic wing eyeliner. This one is my current favorite, Maybelline's Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner in Black that retails for $8 at any drugstore. 

Mascara: Mascara is a must in any type of makeup look. Make sure you purchase a waterproof one for the summer. My favorite waterproof mascara that I know won't come off in the pool or beach is L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara is Blackest Black that retails around $7-8 at any drugstore. 

Eyeshadow: In general, not just summer, I've always been a neutral eyeshadow type of girl. I leave the experiment with colors to the true makeup artist, my sister. But for summer especially I try to stick to the gold, brown, and pink shades for eye shadows. I think these are just great to keep that gold and bronzed look going. I know some girls actually like to prefer experimenting with brighter eye shadows for the summer, and by all means do yaaa thang girl! But for this look, if you remember the outfit I chose, the shirt is already colorful. So to keep this completed look balanced, go for a more neutral palette. The one I chose was KAT VON D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette that retails at Sephora for $36. ***This palette also comes with KAT VON D black eyeliner (sorry I took it out and didn't include in the picture) 

Highlighter: I never use to wear a highlighter under my eyes, about a month ago I started to and let me tell you, one of the best things I have done yet. Highlighting the high points of your face (nose, upper cheeks, chin, and forehead) brightens your overall face complexion. The one I chose for this look was MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter. You can use this over makeup for highlights and under makeup to brighten and prime. This retails for $25 at any MAC store or their website MAC COSMETICS

Powdered Highlighter: Whenever I use a liquid highlighter I make sure to set it with a powdered highlighter. TIP: always set liquid foundations, highlighters, blushes, and bronzers with a powder. I use the shade on the (RIGHT) "The Shinning Moment" from bareMinerals READY Luminizer to set the MAC's Prep+Prime. A lot of ladies don't prefer shimmer highlighters or bronzers but for this look I think it's perfect. This highlighter retails for $25 at Sephora or $24 in their website bareMinerals

Blush: You can never do a makeup look without a blush. My skin tone prefers blushes with yellow and orange undertones. For the summer peach and coral blushes are definitely a trend. These shades go perfect with my skin tone because they have those yellow undertones. A coral blush will be great with most summer looks. This one is NYX Powder Blush- Pinched that retails for $5. 
Bronzer: Bronzer IS life. This is my favorite part of any makeup look (it use to be applying mascara). For summer I lean towards bronzers that have a dark chocolate feel. But for this look I thought it was necessary to dim it down and shimmer it up. For this look I chose E.L.F.'s Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder that retails for $3.

Eyebrows: You can totally skip this step during the summer. Try not to go heavy on filling in your eyebrows in general but be really careful in the summer. You don't want your eyebrows to wipe away haha! Use powder to fill them in if necessary, this gives you the most natural eyebrow.  I chose Benefit Cosmetics-Brow Zings that retails for $32 in Sephor. I rave more about the Brow Zings in my Benefit Cosmetics Favorite Products post, check it out if you're interested in knowing more about this amazing product.


Lips: Lips color is something I tend to go all out with. Everything from this look has been settle and natural. I wanted to give a POP of color to the makeup so I went with a fuchsia lip color. I use to be totally against brighter lip colors because I was scared I wouldn't be able to pull them off but seriously, any girl can! Summer is the perfect time of the year to grab yourself a bright pink or purple lipstick and rock it. The one I chose for this look was part of the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain- Forever Fuchsia that retails for $13 in their store and website Sephora

The look is now complete!..... BUT! you can't leave the door without ...???
Perfume: This is essential ladies. We should be smelling beautiful all the time but always be more conscious of it during the heat. Body odor is not pretty my darling so spray on! The one I chose was Victoria's Secret PINK Secret Spring Break Passionfruit Hibiscus Body Mist that retails at Victoria Secret for $18. 

That's it guys I hope you enjoyed it! 
If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below
or ask in my "Contact Page" 
Stay Connected With Me! 
 photo pinterest.png photo facebook.png photo gplus.png photo instagram.png


Yours truly,


 photo a2015388-6dd5-4589-8365-8d2eb8ff90b0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment