My Daily Skin Routine!




Hey gals! It's here! My daily skin routine + skin products I recommend!
This blog post was definitely asked by many of you! Don't we all struggle with flawless skin? Well if you're blessed and don't (lucky!), it's always great to still be informed of products you should still be applying on your face regardless! Before I start let me just say that everyones' skin is different. I like to consider my skin type a "combination skin type". Maybe you are to? Combination skin is when some parts of your face are dry or flaky, while the center part of your face, nose, forehead, and chin (the T-zone) is oily. Doesn't this make things more complicated? I know.. The struggle of being Jocelyn. If you can feel my pain than maybe these products will be perfect for you because it has definitely helped me out. I used to not apply sunscreen, moisturizer, or even deep clean my skin when I was younger. It wasn't until the end of my junior year that I started to actually take care of my skin. Thank God I saw the light at the end of the tunnel because (although I still get major breakouts) my face doesn't look like a pizza anymore.

Not removing your makeup every night is a HUGE factor as to why most of us break out. And let's admit it, if you're wearing makeup, at one point or another, you've probably gone to sleep with it on. I admit it! It happens. The most important thing is to make sure it doesn't become a habit. Our skin is covered in pores, and those pores allow us to sweat, but they also allow us to secrete sebum (a waxy lubricant that helps moisturize and protect our skin). The problem with makeup is that it clogs pores and prevents sebum from doing it's job. Instead the sebum builds up and causes acne.  Hey we learn something new everyday right?

Let me share with you guys products that I 100% recommend for removing makeup at night.

FIRST STEP: Using makeup remover cleansing towelettes. There's not a specific one I absolutely recommend, I actually have a couple I change up every-now-and-then. But the one I've been using lately is the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes Refill Pack (25 count) that retails for about 5-6$. I used to buy the 1-2$ makeup removing wipes but they were so irritating on my skin! I'd rather spend a couple more bucks on a product I know won't do that. It's helped to effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and makeup, EVEN the waterproof mascara. These towelettes are sensitive to use around the eye area but are heavy duty enough to remove some of the nastiness off my face. I always keep some next to my bed, no matter how tired I am it's no hassle to reach over and wipe my face clean. Try buying a bulk at Target and save. 

SECOND STEP: Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover. Once again, I don't just recommend one in particular I'm sure everyone has their favorite. Mine just happens to be from Mary Kay. This baby (3.75 fl oz) retails for $15 in Mary Kay's catalog. This might be a little expensive for some people but this is honestly worth the money for me. It gently removes eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, without tugging or pulling the delicate skin in the eye area. It has been clinically tested for skin irritant and allergy. It's also suitable for contact lens wearers. It's hypoallergenic (relatively unlikely to cause allergic reaction), oil-free, and ophthalmologist tested. Here's my eye-makeup tip: Dab the eye-makeup remover generously in a cotton pad and then apply in the area you want to remove or use a q-tip with eye makeup remover for lashes or eyeliner mistakes. 

SECOND 1/2 STEP: This step is optional because I only use it for the times when I have used a lot of makeup (special occasions: weddings, events, dances). Sometimes removing your makeup with just wipes isn't enough. I'll reach out for my Estēe Lauder "Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion" that retails for $20 in Sephora. I have the mini version and I couldn't find how much this one cost (sorry). This is a water based lotion that glides on to quickly and gently remove all makeup formulas. It easily rinses away long-wear and waterproof formulas. This is great for the EXTRA-extra heavy duty stuff. I don't normally use it for my day-to-day makeup. 

THIRD STEP: MY HOLY GRAIL CLEANSING GEL. I don't know if you can tell in this picture because the bottle is laying down but I'm about to be out of this baby ): and it sucks because the PETER THOMAS ROTH "Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel" (8.5 oz) retails for $35. This cleansing gel is an "oil free anti-wrinkle technology that rejuvenates, clarifies, brightens with glycolic acid extracts of peach, white oak bark, lemon, lime, linden, citric grapefruit, and arginine" aaaaaaand idk about all that stuff BUT I just know this stuff works! I go to the bathroom once I have used the cleansing towelettes and eye-makeup remover and dap some of this stuff on my Clarisonic Mia  and get to working. It is important to cleanse the skin after the first and second step because it insures the removal of dead skin cells and impurities, detoxification of the pores, and a improvement of skin texture. You really need to go down in there to get a healthier looking skin. 

CONTINUATION OF THIRD STEP: This is the product I use with the cleansing gel. It's the Clarisonic "Mia". I don't have the Mia 2 I think this is like the first Clarisonic out there. It retails for $100 with a one year warranty. This baby is a little TOO much to talk about on this post but I'll link the company's website and you can check it out for yourself. http://www.clarisonic.com

FOURTH AND FINAL STEP: Moisturize your skin! I've noticed that although my cleansing gel is amazing it tends to leave my face DRY. This is why I only use this cleansing gel at night and not in the morning. It is important to restore moisture back in the face. The product I use is the one on the RIGHT, it's Boscia's "Super Charge Overnight Moisture".  Compared to the one of the LEFT, this moisturizer doesn't have Broad Spectrum (sunscreen). It's not good to use sunscreen at night so make sure when you moisturize your skin after everything you're not using a moisturizer that contains sunscreen. 

Now that the night routine is over let's start with my morning routine! This is the key to having a beautiful and healthy skin complexion throughout the day and for the rest of your life. (okay maybe not for the rest of your life but it's better to start out now)

FIRST STEP: Facial Cleanser! My preference in the MORNING BURST by Clean&Clear. This baby is also a gel cleanser that contains Vitamin C and Ginseng that helps wake you up with a fresh citrus scent while the soft bursting beads give you a burst of energy and vitamins, leaving your skin feeling clean, energized, and ready for the day. This retails for 6-7$ at any drugstore. '

SECOND STEP: DEEP CLEANSING FOAM CREME. I've been really good about doing this step because it helps me out but it's not absolutely necessary to deep clean your skin twice a day. But I do and it might work out for you. Compared to the PETER THOMAS ROTH "Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel" this cleansing foam doesn't leave my skin dry so I tend to use this one in the morning. It's the Shiseido "Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam Creme" that retails for $22.50 at Sephora. I don't mind it being so expensive because this thing... literally.. you just need a pea size amount to apply to your face. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! I use this with my Clarisonic as well. It's a gentle ultra-fresh foam formula that effectively lifts away the pore clogging impurities, makeup, and oil that can lead to imperfections. It's always good to deep clean your face in the morning even though you haven't used any makeup at night because your pillows and bed sheets contain many dirt and dry skin cells that can cause breakouts. 

THIRD STEP: SUNSCREEN. I hate the thought of applying pure sunscreen on my face so I use Estēe Lauder's "DayWear Advanced Multi-Protections Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15" that retails for $48 in Macy's. Like I said, a little goes a long way! The point is, it's important to apply sunscreen on your face! The sun's rays are not only harmful to the skin but they also speed the aging process up. This baby defends against signs of premature aging and diminishes the fine-line appearance. It helps safeguard skin with advanced broad-spectrum sunscreen. My skin feels smoother, looks fresher, and healthier instantly. JUST DON'T APPLY AROUND THE EYES, it will get irritated so much. 

FOURTH AND FINAL STEP: MOISTURIZER! I found the one guys... my most favorite moisturizer of all time. I use to think that because my face was already oily I didn't need a moisturizer. BUT I WAS WRONG. Actually the reason my face was getting oily was because I wasn't moisturizing. If your face isn't getting moisturized, your face produces more oil. Interesting right?  I literally apply the baby before I put on makeup and I feel I have coated my face with a layer of water. It's the Sephora's "Instant Moisturizer If you only try one" that retails for $22 for the biggest fl oz size. I couldn't find the price for this one. I have two because as you can tell the one on the RIGHT is about to run out ): It's an intensive formula that hydrates and nourishes skin for 24 hours! It has light-reflecting pigments that even out skin tones and illuminate the complexion while the antioxidants protects against environments aggressors to keep our skin looking beautiful (even without makeup) ;)! 


Now that I have shared with you guys my FOUR STEP night and morning routine I want to share with you the products I use for my acne. Keep reading if you have this struggle like me. I usually break out during my menstruation cycle and when I'm under a lot of stress (midterms and finals). Usually when I apply these products I skip out on my cleansing gels and replace it with these.

Clean&Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub $5-6
I use this product whenever I forget to take of my makeup off at night. I use this with my Clarisonic to wash away major residue and unclog my pores. This scrub has exfoliating multi-action beads that work to gently remove trapped dirt, oil, and dead skin that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. It contains salicylic acid (an accent fighting medicine) that clears blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming. 

(RIGHT) Clearasil Ultra "Acne Marks Wash and Mask" $6
I usually use this wash 3-4 times a week that helps clear blemishes and fights formation of marks. It has helped me clear pimples fast and reduce the appearance of acne. 
(LEFT) Clearasil Ultra "Acne Marks Spot Lotion" $7
I only use this product for spot treatment. If I see a pimple forming I will apply this bad boy on it to reduce the appearance. This acne lotion con taints 2% salicylic acid to lighten ace marks. 

Mary Kay's "Revitalizing Mask Formula 2 (Combination/Oily) $14
It's always important to use a mask if you're breaking out. Using a mask will insure that all the oils, dirt, and residue on the deep layers of you skin are sucked out and removed. This mask absorbs excess oil and helps remove impurities from the skin's surface and deeper layers. It provides thorough cleansing, refines skin texture, and helps minimize the appearance of pores. This mask is also fragrance free. 


My acne routine is pretty basic because I've done such a great job at removing my makeup and cleansing twice a day. The next products I'll talk about are just random skin products that I use every now and then. 

Evian Mineral Water Spray (1.7 oz) $5
Okay when I first heard about this stuff I was like am I really about to pay this much to get sprayed water on my face? LOL It's not just water guys, haha. It's a unique mineral balance of neutral pH that makes it the prefect freshen-upper for all skin types, including baby's delicate skin. The millions of micro-droplets are instantly absorbed, moisturizing hot thirsty skin, any time anywhere. This canister is perfect to carry in your handbag or for traveling. I always apply this on top of makeup (you makeup won't come off) and I apply it throughout the day. Perfect for the summer! 

Tarte "Pure Maracuja Oil" (.23 oz) $25
This thing is ridiculously expensive, I got it as a present. But it's always great to apply oil to your skin, even if it's already oily. Like I stated in my moisturizing section. Pure organic maracuja oil contains vitamin C so skin appears instantly brighter and more radiant. The oil is also a source of essential fatty acids, a requirement for healthy skin cells that the body cannot produce on its own. You induce life back into dull skin. You get 2-3 drops of the oil in your hands, rub them together and apply to clean, dry skin on face and neck. 

Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford "Skin Brightening Treatment"
I think this product is discontinued. Such a shame. I couldn't find it online anymore. But basically, it's always great to have a product in your bathroom that is for brighting complexion. If you suffer from acne scars and need a more balanced tone or if you need a quick fix to get rid of sleepy face apply this morning and night. 



That's it guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this post. It took a lot more than I thought.
It's a lot to read I am sorry but I really wanted to be thorough with this post
because so many people where interested in my skin routine. 
If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below
or ask in my "Contact" Page
Stay Connected With Me! 
 photo pinterest.png photo facebook.png photo gplus.png photo instagram.png


Yours truly,


 photo a2015388-6dd5-4589-8365-8d2eb8ff90b0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment