Everything Foundations!




➡Everything Foundations⬅
Hey beautiful 💘! Before I begin, I just want to start out and say that although I recommend these products 100% EVERYONE'S skin is different. Let me tell you a little bit about my skin. I have acne prone and oily skin. Since middle school I have always had really bad acne. I would breakout severely on my forehead and around my chin. Although I hardly break out there anymore, right now my problem area are my cheeks. Since I have oily skin I tend to apply powder foundation on top of my liquid foundation to set my makeup and make it look matt. So now that I've told you a little about my skin type, I would continue on to say that it hasn't been easy to find a "perfect" or "ideal" foundation. As you can see I have a mix of brands that I prefer for certain occasions or weather. In this blog I mention products that are drug store to high end. I also add some powder foundations because I know some of you don't wear liquid foundations. I don't mention any M.A.C. products for the same reason that I have acne prone skin and that brand tends to break me out....a lot. Anyways, enough of me chatting lets get to the review. 

**ALWAYS USE A PRIMER BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY FOUNDATION ON THE FACE**


(HIGH END) FOUNDATIONS:




MAKE UP FOR EVER: "HD Invisible Cover Foundation" $42 

Makeup Forever is my holy grail brand for a foundation that gives me FULL coverage. This foundation is definitely build-able but it can look "cake-y" on the face if you apply many layers although I feel you don't need to apply no more that one since this is definitely on the more medium-to-full coverage side.  The "HD Invisible" just implies that this foundation is meant to withstand harsh lighting. Meaning that if you ever wanted to wear this foundation you wouldn't have to worry about the flash on a camera making your skin look weird. This foundation is also oil-free which is great for skins that are on the more oily side. I do notice although that if I wear this foundation for more than 6 hours I do begin to feel oily and I have to either (1) use oil blotting sheets or (2) use powder to set my makeup again. I mostly wear this foundation whenever I'm going on dates w/ my boyfriend, dances, concerts, anything special that I would want my face to look perfect for. Highly recommend this ladies.

MAKE UP FOR EVER:"Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation" $36

Can you tell I like Make Up Forever? .. P.S this is the brand Kim K wears (so they say) lol. Okay this foundation is for the days that I want absolute FULL coverage. I mean I really really want my skin to look like a porcelain doll. This foundation is a shine controlling, water resistant, and oil-fee. I definitely recommend this foundation for the summer days that you can't skip out on a full coverage face. I never recommend applying heavy makeup on hot and humid days, but if it is necessary this is the product to turn to. Because this foundation is skin controlling and water resistant you don't have to worry about building up an oily face throughout the day or melting off because of the sweat. I have 2 shades of skin tone colors for this product. Definitely a must have for me. 

(DRUG STORE) FOUNDATIONS: 


Loreal Paris: "True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup" $10.95
HOLY GRAIL! okay okay. I have probably repurchased this foundation..maybe... 5 times already? Besides the fact that it's super cheap (compared to makeup forever) it is also the only foundation that has been able to do my face any justice. If you ever see me in person this is probably the foundation I am wearing on my face. I reach for this foundation over any of the other brands I mention just because it's my "go to" and "daily" foundation. I always try to switch up foundations but I just always end up going back to this one. This is a fersure "true match". I have 2 shade: (1) TRUE BEIGE N5 for the summer and (2) SAND BEIGE W5 for the winter since a obviously get darker in the summer and lighter in the winter. This formulation has no fragrance, oil, or pore clogging fillers. It also has vitamin A and C with wheat germ and grape fruit extract to keep your face nourished through out the day. The only bad thing I would have to say is that since it does have SPF it does sometimes create a white cast on your face in photos. Do not recommend this foundation on days you have professional pictures taken of you. 


COVERGIRL: "Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation" $9.79
I purchased this foundation about a month ago because of the "hype" it had to it. Let me tell you, it stood up to its hype. This foundation claims to be an "all-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long". Okay I wouldn't exactly say to not wear a primer or concealer while using this foundation but the coverage and finish this foundation gives me makes me love it a lot. I have been using this foundation more than my true match lately because of the SPF it has. I still use a primer under the foundation but you can skip the concealer if you don't have any severe face blemish to cover. I notice in comparison to the true match, this foundation stays on a lot longer than the other one. Maybe this one will become my new "holy grail" who knows! And to just mention again, the only bad thing I would have to say is that since it does have SPF it does sometimes create a white cast on your face in photos. Do not recommend this foundation on days you have professional pictures taken of you. 

Loreal: "Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup" $12.95
I've been wanting to try new foundations and I got this foundation because of pure curiosity. When I read "liquid to powder" I was in complete awe. Like how does that happen? haha. I definitely recommend applying this foundation with a beauty blender (I'll insert the link for those who have never heard of one) Beauty Blender because of how liquid-y this foundation is. Also make sure to shake the bottle every time you decide to apply it because the water element to this formula rises up inside the bottle. The finish to this foundation is matt! I love it. It's not a full coverage foundation, more on the medium side. This is the type of foundation you can wear w/o applying any blush or bronzer and not feeling weird w/ just foundation on. The finish is very natural. I recommend this foundation to the ladies who have always worn powder foundation and are ready to step into the dark side (liquid foundation). This is a perfect transition because it technically is a liquid foundation but it sets on the face as a powder. Always fun to switch things up a bit. I recommend this a lot! 

(HIGH END) POWDER FOUNDATIONS


MAKE UP FOR EVER: "Duo Mat Powder Foundation" $34

It's sad to say that I'm this close to running out of this powder foundation :(! I never use this product by itself. I always use it as a finish for most of my foundations that have a light or medium coverage. Applying a layer of this on top gives me the full coverage I need. This powder is light and long lasting. Again it's oil free and mattifying. Whenever I need to touch up my oily skin I reach out for this product. Definitely a must have in my makeup kit.

SMASHBOX: "HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder" $22 

I have this powder a little darker than my skin tone so I use this powder mainly for the times I apply a lighter foundation and I need to balance out my skin tone. This is the the .25 oz but there's a larger product that retails for $60. This foundation creates a radiant  healthy complexion with patented hydration technology. It is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skincare built in. It uses the formulation for pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids , and a powerful peptide to deliver anti-aging benefits. Goes again giving you wrinkles and won't accentuate lines. It never gives me a cakey finish. Definitely recommend this foundation for people who worry about anti-aging.  


(Drug Store) Powder Foundations 
Loreal Paris: "True Match™ Powder" $10.95 
Can you tell I'm almost out of this baby?! This is the product to use with the Loreal Paris: "True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup". I love this powder, I use it more than any of my other powders. I do use this foundation by itself for the days I feel super lazy to but any type of makeup but still want to look semi presentable. I can not rave about this powder enough. If you purchase a darker color form your skin tone you can totally use this powder as contour for your cheek bones. You can also by a lighter shade than your skin tone and use it to set my highlighter. This powder is very versatile and a bang for your buck!


I hope this helps helped everyone! f you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below
or ask in my "Contact" Page
Stay Connected With Me! 
 photo pinterest.png photo facebook.png photo gplus.png photo instagram.png



Yours truly,


 photo a2015388-6dd5-4589-8365-8d2eb8ff90b0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment